2009年7月31日金曜日

Class #13 Personal Spaces

1. You’re talking to a co-worker. How close do you stand?


I will stand 2 meters away from the co-workers. I think this is a moderate space in business. 2 meter is the best distance. This is not close for making them smell my sweat or mouth and not far for showing my regard to them.

2. You’re talking to a friend. Do you touch each other?

I sometimes touch my friends when we are chatting. Especially, to my friends who I know for long time. I think, to touch them during chatting lets us close.

3. Look at the diagram of a waiting. Where do you sit when you are enter?

I chose the seat which does not have the next person. They may feel strange to me if I sit next them. Because, there are some seats which do not have the next person. I don’t want someone feel strange to me. In addition it, I want to have my space for feel relief. For those reason, I sit the seat which does not have the next person.

4. You’re in a clouded elevator. Where do you look?

I look up the number plate on the wall. I do never look at the other person in the elevator.Because I need to check what floor I am on, I look at the number palate. Also, in elevator, everyone stand really close. If I look at the other person, our face would be really close. It is ok the person who I look at is my friend. However, looking at the person who I do not know in elevator makes the person feel bad.

5. You’re standing in a line. How close do you stand to the person in front?

I stand 3 meters away to the person in front. When this line is really clouded, it happens the person in front comes back for adjust the line. If I do not have this distance, I would hit the person in front. My action may make the line long, but I prefer to do this.

6. You get on the bus. There is an empty row of seats at the back, and an empty seat close by.

Where do you sit?

I sit an empty seat close by. I have no idea the reason I do so, but I will say I want to sit as soon as possible. It is sure that I can sit in the bus after choosing the close seat. However, when I see an old person, I may stand up and let the old person sit.

7. You’re in a library and there’s an empty seat beside you. Do you want to stop someone sitting there? If so, how?

I do not stop someone sitting the seat next me. In my case, I would not choose this seat which have someone next. However I don’t care who is next to me after I sit. Especially, library is a public institution, so it must not be prohibited someone to sit next to me.

8. You’re going to the beach. Do you like to see lots of people or very few?

I like to see lots of people. This is a good time to seeing a lot of people who are almost naked. For looking at them, I come to think I need to lose my wait. But, I know I need to be worried not to look at them too much.

9. When you are talking to someone, do you look them in the eyes?

Of course I look them in the eyes. It is normal to make eye contact during talking. I think It shows I listen their talks. For example, I wonder they listen my talk when they do not make eye contact with me.


10. You’re on a train. Do you talk to the other passengers?

I usually do not talk to the other passengers on a train. I don’t have a subject for talking to them. Besides, if I start to talk to them, they my feel strange to me. However, when someone talk to me, I talk with them. Old persons sometimes talk to me on a train.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hello:)

    I agree with you.

    Sometimes old people talk to me on a train, too.
    Usually, I don't talk with others in public place.
    However, when someone talk to me, I can't ignore.

    返信削除
  2. Hi!

    I am also spoken only by elderly people on train. Japanese spoke to strangers on train long time ago? It's interesting.

    返信削除